Date, Nut & Spice Cookies
- Karen Weingeist
A delicious cookie, though sweet they contain no concentrated or artificial sweetener.
|Cook||15 to 20 minutes|
|Ready In||2 hours|
- 4 cups dates
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups ground walnuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk powder
- 2 tbsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 cup warm water
- Pecan halve per cookie
- Preheat oven to 177°C (350°F).
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Chop dates and set aside for later.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl or mixing machine blend together ground almonds, ground walnuts, almond flour, ground hemp hearts, ground flax, psyllium powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- Add beaten eggs, olive oil and vanilla; mix well.
- Add warm water; beat well.
- Add chopped dates and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon dough onto cookie sheets and flatten a bit.
- Press a pecan half into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 or 20 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer to baking racks to cool.
- If using a convection oven preheat to 163°C (325°F)
- Can sit on the counter wrapped in parchment paper or Beeswax wrap for a few days
- Freeze very well, wrap in parchment then plastic or silicone bag