- Karen Weingeist
A delicious firm bread, can be sliced very thinly, yummy flavour, excellent with savory or sweet toppings, good open faced or as a sandwich.
|Ready In||1 hour 15 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp. baking powder, gluten free
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 177°C (350°F) or 163°C (325°F) if using convection oven.
- Oil & line loaf pan 22 x 12 cm (9 x 5 inch) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or mixing machine add ground almonds, almond flour, psyllium powder, baking powder and salt, blend together.
- Add beaten eggs and oil. Mix well. Then add warm water and beat well to create air bubbles.
- Transfer batter to baking pan and pack in so that you will have a solid loaf. Smooth / press top evenly.
- Bake 50 minutes, or 45 if using convection oven, until inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is firm.
- Let cool on baking racks.
- Can sit on the counter wrapped in parchment paper or Beeswax wrap for a few days
- Freezes very well, wrap in parchment then plastic or silicone bag
- To make buns put paper in muffin tin and add batter and bake for 20 minutes