Recruiting for Steep Hill Committee Members
April 9, 2022
Would you like to become more involved as a Steep Hill Co-op member? Do you have expertise that would benefit the co-op? We have some new opportunities for members to earn working status (which entitles you to a 6% discount at the till).
The board of Steep Hill is forming the following committees to help strengthen and support the co-op. Each committee will include at least one board member and at least one other co-op member. The time commitment may vary across committees and from month to month; non-Board members will receive one month’s working status for every two hours of work they spend on a committee. We ask for a one-year commitment.
More details about the tasks of each committee will be developed by its members, but these are the general responsibilities.
- Review financial statements monthly and annually
- Prepare an annual budget as required
- Recommend and liaise with auditor
Human Resources / Executive
- Provide regular feedback to store manager and assistant manager, including annual performance review
- Liaise between board and all staff as required
Communications / Website
- Ensure website and social media updated regularly
- Develop special features and reports for website and social media
- Develop email communications to members as required
- Work in conjunction with Membership & Marketing Committee
Membership & Marketing
- Develop and implement strategies to increase member base and engagement
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to increase sales (including price comparisons)
Nominations / Governance
- Advertise annual board elections as well as committee functions
- Encourage member participation on committees and the board
- Assist new board members with orientation and education
- Ongoing review of policy documents and by-laws
If you are interested in knowing more about any of these committees or wish to apply to serve on a committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please indicate which committee you would like to serve on and provide a brief description of why you are interested in the committee and what skills and experience you have to offer.
Thank You For Supporting Steep Hill